need (physical) key for Sun SPARCserver 1000e

Jerry Kemp other at oryx.us
Wed Feb 15 00:54:49 CST 2017

Absolutely.

This list isn't the only media I have made the request for a physical key on.

Although I don't feel that rare is the correct term for this system, I believe
that even in their day, SPARCServer 1000's (and 2000's) weren't necessarily
common commodities.  There were (3) total Sun4d models; the 1000, the 2000 and
the Cray CS6400.  A bare bones, single processor 1000's started at $37,000 with
well optioned systems well into the 6 figure range, in 1992 dollars.

Other sources, where else was that key used?  Aside from the SPARCserver 2000,
the other place that key was used was primarily in tape storage devices of that
era.

Unfortunately, I don't run into many tape drive collectors.

Thanks again for your interest.