Unidentified (CDC?) panel

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Feb 8 08:09:28 CST 2017

> On Feb 8, 2017, at 9:01 AM, Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org> wrote:
>
> Christian Corti <cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:
>
>> http://up.picr.de/28257957bg.jpg
>> I *guess* it also comes from the CDC 6600 but I'm not sure. Can anyone
>> identify it?
>
> Looks very similar to a CDC 160 -- which the 6000 series peripheral
> processors were based on, so I guess it's a PP front panel?

There is actually very little similarity between the 160 and the 6000 series PPs.  The instruction set is vaguely alike, but that's about it.

PPs have NO front panel.  Nor does the rest of the system.  There's only the deadstart panel (a 12 word boot "rom") and the operator display (a peripheral controlled by one of the PPs).

	paul