RL02 version of UNIX6?

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 12:21:58 CST 2017

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 12:59 PM, william degnan <billdegnan at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> > Bill
>>
>> RSX-11M V3.2 supports RL02s and bitsavers has images of the 3.2 RL01
>> distribution disks. I’m not sure if those will boot if copied to an RL02.
>>
>>   John.
>>

> I saw that, and was thinking the same thing

I don't want to jumper the RL02 to think it's an RL01, but just for fun I
wonder what would happen if I used PDPGUI to build a RL02 disk from a RL01
image.  It might format a smaller amount of the disk, and if it's a
distribution disk I could create a real RL02 disk working bootable.
Nothing to lose I suppose to experiment.