RL02 version of UNIX6?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Feb 1 19:56:31 CST 2017

    > From: William Degnan

    > if possible can you help me to link in m40.o instead of m45.o?

Sure; tomorrow, though, not tonight.

Just to check, you have 128KB of memory, and 2 RL02 drives, right? That will
make it all really easy, if so.

Like I said, I'll make you a mini-disk that will be quick to load with GUI11,
with only the only files on it the few you need to be able to boot: the Unix
system, /etc/init, /bin/sh, etc. Once it has booted, you can 'mount' your
existing RL pack, and copy the Unix system over to that one, then you should
be able to boot off that one.

	Noel

PS: I was thinking of fixing 'mkconf' (it currently doesn't properly handle
the /dev/tty device, etc), but whoever wrote it was really lazy! 'nswap' and
'swplo' aren't even parameterized, let alone being things you can override
with inputs. So the dude who did the RL disk just changed the numbers for the
RL - so his mkconf now doesn't work properly for RK drives! Might as well just
edit c.c and l.s directly - that's what I always did! ;-)

Anyway, I might fix it at some point, but... not for tomorrow.