EPROM baking

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 23 10:00:59 CST 2017

When I had access to a wire bonder, we took EPROMs that had been plugged in upside down and removed the lids. We'd see a blown wire and replace it.

On several of these parts we found that 100% worked. So it would seem that no silicon damage was done, just the bonding wire was blown like a fuse.

I doubt this method would repair those blown from excess programming voltage.

Dwight