RL02 to PC image

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Dec 15 23:35:40 CST 2017

On 12/15/2017 08:09 PM, Brian L. Stuart via cctalk wrote:

> I'd have to go back and look at the details to see how fast it was actually
> running.  Somewhere in the back of my mind, I had to back off a little
> bit on what the hardware could do because something on the software
> side couldn't take it that fast.

I've lately been doing the data transfer stuff using STM32F407
development boards.  Cheap ($12 shipped), with a 168MHz ARM CPU and
84Mhz peripheral clocks with multichannel DMA to 192K RAM.  Lots of fast
5V tolerant GPIO.

In my case, I use the SDIO facility (4 wire) to an SDHC, with Chan's
FATFS filesystem code.   Do all your imaging to SDHC (a 16 or 32GB card
should image a lot of RL02s) and then read the card on a PC platform.

Simple, fast and cheap.   If you need UARTs, they're on the chip as well
and can run stupid-fast.

Welcome to the 21st century.

Cheers,
Chuck