RL02 hook up to 11/04

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 13:10:44 CST 2017

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 10:59 AM, John Welch via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Now that I have the 11/04 running the next step is to hook up to the RL02.
>
> I need to run a cable from the M7762 to one of the connectors on the back
> of the RL02.  I have cabling stripped from a 11/04.
> Is there a terminator that goes on the other connector on the RL02? The
> machine that was stripped actually was a RL01, I hope the cable is the same
> and if not someone will be able to advise me on that.
>
> Do I need to set any jumpers on the M7762?
>
> Are there any other things I should do the the RL02 prior to plugging it
> into the wall and powering it on?
>
> Sincerely,
> John Welch

Assuming you have a bridge adapter that goes between the flat cable and the
drive cable.  The bottom drive port should be terminated if you're not
connecting to a 2nd drive.  Here is how I learned what I needed:

http://www.pdp-11.nl/peripherals/disk/rl-info.html

Bill