RX02 Difficulties

Aaron Jackson aaron at aaronsplace.co.uk
Fri Dec 8 13:13:02 CST 2017

>     > From: Aaron Jackson
>
>     > Most of the tests now look something like this:
>     > ...
>     >  SECTOR ADDRESS ERROR
>     >   EXPECTED SECTOR=18.
>     >     TARGET SECTOR=17.
>
> I wonder if there's a problem with the floppy you are using?
>
> Remember, the RX0x drives can't hard reformat the floppies (as in, write the
> sector headers), so if the floopy has a problem, you can't fix it with the
> RX02.
>
> 	Noel

Possibly, but I ran the same test on about 4 floppies and failed in the
same way. I bought a box of 13 floppy disks a while ago off eBay, so
unless the box was kept on top of a magnet or something, I'd expect at
least one of them to work.

Some of them have quite interesting names:

      Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Software

and

      Code from Neutron Divider

So I am quite interested to see what's on them.

Thanks,
Aaron.