TRS-80 curiosity

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Apr 14 11:53:48 CDT 2017

On Fri, 14 Apr 2017, Peter Cetinski wrote:
> Lot’s of 3rd party devices that connected to the bus appeared soon
> thereafter.  A few interesting ones I have other than the Voice
> Synthesizer and the Vox Box

Those were sold under the Radio Shack name.  There were also some similar
and better ones from third parties.

> are an Exatron Stringy Floppy and a Cryptext
> hardware encryption device.

There was a software intensive third party expansion bus serial printer
interface early on.
It was supplanted by the TRS-232 (cassette port to serial printer!)
(Not to be confused with numerous other products named "TRS-232")

In Googling for it, I stumbled on
http://ianmav.customer.netspace.net.au/trs80/
who makes a Model 1 to hard disk cable, a doubler, a CP/M "mapper", etc.