Short test programs for pdp 11/34

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Sep 23 17:32:50 CDT 2016

    > From: Jörg Hoppe

    > I'm talking of that data path check up after power-on.

Huh, I never knew about that. (The manuals don't mention it.)

I was just last night looking at the microccode for the 11/04 (a very similar
machine - they share the front consoles, etc), and it doesn't have anything
like that (see the /04 power on ucode at pg. 130 of EK-KD11D-TM-PRE).

Looking through that /34 ucode flow diagram, I discovered that the /34
supported the M[FT]PS instuctions - I thought that was only the QBUS CPU's,
etc.

Live and learn! :-)

	Noel