Need help: DSD-440 with unresponsive formatter/control board

Julian Wolfe jrw at lolqb.us
Tue Sep 20 14:02:47 CDT 2016

After reading this section, I should probably bring up that when I checked the PSU voltages, the 5v+ line was low, at 4.7v or so.  I adjusted it back to 5.05v on the pot as defined in the manual, and there it stayed steady, but it didn't seem to help.  Before I adjusted the pot, it was fluctuating.

---- On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 11:47:17 -0700 Jerry Weiss <jsw at ieee.org>wrote ----

On Sep 20, 2016, at 1:37 PM, Julian Wolfe <jrw at lolqb.us> wrote:

> Both green LEDs are on. They're ALL on.

As LED 9 is on (sorry for not being clear), then the CPU is active. That’s a good sign.

Definitely look at the DC Power up/down circuit first.

Jerry