Logic Analyser Advice

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Sat Sep 10 11:30:16 CDT 2016

On 09/10/2016 03:34 AM, Rob Jarratt wrote:

I went the Tek route.  I had a 1240 for a long time, and
then upgraded to a 9200 with 3 92A96 acq cards.
Quite a beast, with 288 channels at 10 ns.  They have
transmission line cables to the pods, but the pods are
passive, I think a parallel 82K resistor and a 1000 pF cap
or something.  I made a VME analyzer card that has about 80
channels wired up with those parts so the TLCs just plug
into the card.

We have a DAS 520 at work, which is basically a 9200.  The
9200/TLA500-700 series are not stand-alone analyzers like
the old HP and Tek 1240 series.  You can use an X-windows
terminal, or connect to it with any Xserver.  You do have to
download fonts and make some adjustments to the setup file
in the analyzer to make this work, however.  The analyzer
mainframe runs a version of Unix.

Jon