More mystery recycler boards - DEC, Fujitsu(??), Cipher, Emulex

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 20:23:04 CDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Pete Turnbull <pete at dunnington.plus.com> wrote:
> On 08/09/2016 00:37, Glen Slick wrote:
>
>> Basically this boils down to having the MXV11-B2 Boot ROMs installed
>> on either an MXV11-B or MRV11-D. The MXV11-B2 Boot ROMs are apparently
>> not compatible with the BDV11, for reasons I don't remember 100% off
>> the top of my head.
>
> Too big.  They're a pair of 8K ROMs, but the BDV11 only supports 2K and 1K
> devices.

I thought there was something else beyond that, maybe the ROM
windowing scheme was different or something like that.

If it is really nothing more than the size of the MXV11-B2 ROMs of
8Kx8 being too big, then maybe it would work by splitting the ROM
images across 2Kx8 EPROMs.

People have been successful putting the KDF11-BG ROM images on a BDV11
for use with an M8186 KDF11-A by splitting the two 8Kx8 images across
eight 2Kx8 2716 EPROMs.

http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?24754-Qbus-Memory-cards/page2

I have been meaning to try that myself sometime.