ENIAC Simulator

Brian L. Stuart blstuart at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 7 14:36:11 CDT 2016

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to VCFMW this year.
(Those of you who don't know me are probably thinking "So what?"
Those who do are probably split between "Aww, that's too bad"
and "Good; he's a pain in the...")  In lieu of my "sparkling
personality" I'm making available the ENIAC simulator I would
have exhibited had I committed to coming early enough to reserve
a table.

If you attended VCFSE or VCFE this year, you may have seen an
early version of the simulator.  It's now at a beta testable
level of operation.  The files you'll want to download and some
minimal instructions for use are at:

http://cs.drexel.edu/~bls96/eniac/eniac.html

It's written in Go, so you should be able to compile it on a
variety of platforms.  For those not wanting to compile it themselves,
I've included binaries for several options including Linux/amd64,
Linux/arm, FreeBSD/amd64, FreeBSD/i386, MacOS/amd64, and Win/amd64.
The Windows version has not been tested at all, and only minimal
testing has been done on the Mac version.  You'll also need TCL/Tk
installed to get the wish program available as used by the GUI.

Suggestions, comments, criticisms, and questions are welcome, but
it will probably be a few weeks before I'll be able to make time to
do anything about them.

Enjoy.
BLS