Sage II

allison ajp166 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 30 12:07:24 CDT 2016

On 10/30/2016 08:56 AM, william degnan wrote:
> On Oct 30, 2016 8:48 AM, "allison" <ajp166 at verizon.net> wrote:
>>> for CP/M 68K?
>>>
>> When people say CP/M its nearly always in the context of
>> 8080/8085/NSC800/Z80 or maybe 8088/86
>> CP/M-68 was rare but likely there was Kermit for it as all versions of
>> kermit were based on
>> the same effort.   Myself I never used it as I had the alternates like
>> modem-7 or MEX.
>>
>> A basic file transfer program was a trivial thing.
>>
>> Allison
> I have a disk labeled Sage II Cp/m 68 (000) Kermit.  That is what the OP
> was looking for, for his newly acquired Sage II.  We were discussing how to
> image theae disks, I don't have a 96tpi - capable drive set up on my
> current disk imaging station otherwise I'd have simply uploaded an .IMD
> file.  Short term he needs cp/m 68 from somewhere else.
>
> I assume OP'er has checked jim battle ' sage II website.
>
> Bill

Much has been imaged and is over in bitsavers.org...  Software stride
and sage.

What it requires is a Real Computer(tm) with disk drives not one of the
latest octa-core Vunderkind M$ PCs.

An older box with a FD55GFV and one of the better 3.5" should handle all
but 8" and hard sector needs.
I keep a Dell 486 powered pizza box for that as it has all the 5.25 and
3.5 capability, for an OS winders3.11
is fine as its really DOS and moderately useful as it runs teledisk
still.   Also the smaller pentium box with
linux as its got that as well.   Either than or a CP/M-80 machine with a
bunch of drives, MY s100 crate
has that from 8 though 3.5.    A Qbus pdp-11 with the full compliment of
floppies from RX02, though
5.25 and 3.5" can do it as well.

Allison