Old versions of Emacs

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Oct 21 06:11:40 CDT 2016

    > From: Lars Brinkhoff

    > Emacs in 1983 would have been Gosling Emacs, I guess.

Prior to that one, someone else at BBN (whose name I have forgotten, alas)
did an Emacs intended for PDP-11's running Unix. It wasn't programmable (the
way 'real' Emacs is), perhaps because there was not enough room for that on a
PDP-11.

I should have that on my MIT-CSR backup tapes, but if you're interested in a
copy, it will be a while before I can excavate it; the tapes had some
dropouts, which may have made the dump (a straight 'dd' of a 4.3 filesystem)
unreadable.

	Noel