VTServer/etc for V6 Unix

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Oct 19 21:33:40 CDT 2016

    > Here are some notes I made a while back, when I looked at it:
    >  Block 2-xx - gubbish, apparently inodes, code, etc?

So I just realized something's incomplete here. There's an intermediate stage
Those must be in stored in that block "2-xx" area, but I'm not up for
grokking the assembler ("tpboot.s") that loads them to see how it works (it
takes a file-name, 'xxyy' as above, entered at the console).

And I got the tape files slightly wrong: mcopy.s is indeed the tape copier
program (assembled with either tm.s or ht.s, and one of rk.s, rp.s and hp.s),
to produce the 'xxyy' files above. However, the first stage booter is
"tpboot.s", not "mboot.s" (didn't look closely enough); again, assembled with
either tm.s or ht.s - that produces the first-stage bootstrap that goes in
blocks 0 and 1 of the tape.

	Noel