Photos from the NWA Auction

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 23:37:49 CDT 2016

On 10/17/16 5:07 PM, Cory Heisterkamp wrote:

> For those curious about the equipment that sold last week, I put together an album from my brief stop on Saturday. Let me know if you have trouble viewing it.
> https://goo.gl/photos/yb83SJSj67gS96n39
>
> On closer inspection it appears the documentation for that GP-4, as well as some of the other computers, sold to different parties (the value being in the shelving and cabinets).
>
> I'm still losing sleep over that GP-4. From all appearances it was a turn-key setup (in theory). Unfortunately, the auction site immediately removes closed lots from their webpage so no idea what it sold for, or if it went to a scrapper. I suspect it was billed as 'cabinets of aviation equipment'. Being 3 hours away I can't exactly run over there and pin a note on it.
>
> Some further digging on the net revealed a photo in the Motorola Annual Report 1965 featuring the machine touting Moto's new ECL logic. Apparently it was designed for aviation simulation but included facilities for being a general purpose machine. -C

Thanks for taking the pictures!  Now that I can see a clear picture of
the front panel on those SEL/Gould machines, I *really* wish I'd bid on
one...

Thanks for getting a picture of the TI-980 -- do you recall if photo
IMG_5542 is from the same rack as the TI?  I'm curious what was behind
that door on the top and I can't wait until it gets here to find out :).

I hope that most of this stuff will end up in the hands of people who
won't shred it for gold content, but...

- Josh