Reasonable price for a complete SOL-20 system?

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sat Oct 15 13:56:19 CDT 2016

I have an opportunity to make a "reasonable offer" on a fairly complete SOL-20 system. It would include a floppy drive cabinet and some software, but no monitor. It's a "working when retired" system, so I assume that the keyboard has died of old age and some capacitors might have dried out; none of that bothers me, but it implies that it's probably not a turnkey system. I have to make the offer or not by tonight, based on when the owner is leaving on a road trip that will pass near me, with or without the system loaded up in his RV.

Now the problem is that I haven't been following SOL-20 prices, so I don't know what a reasonable offer might be. The only prices I'm aware of are the various buy-it-now prices I see on eBay, some or all of which I suspect are from sellers looking for top dollar and then some.

If any of y'all can help me figure out a reasonable price range for a complete-ish but not necessarily running SOL-20 system, I would appreciate that.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/