11/35 on eBait

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Wed Oct 12 04:46:07 CDT 2016

On 10/12/2016 2:02 AM, Dave Wade wrote:

>> >Surely if someone asks a simple question like that then how difficult could it
>> >be to accomodate? Obviously too much effort for that seller it seems.
> I just wonder if they have seen that PDP/11 panels fetch stupid amounts and hoping a panel collector will buy it....
>

> Dave
I think he expected a bidding war to end up @ 5k.  I think he does not
realize what an auction kill that no shipping is.  There are also two
nice RL02's that are pickup only in New Jersey I'd probably bid on, but
no ship.  No interest in what the hands off Freighters and Craters would
add to the cost.

I recommended them to a previous list member's query, and the quote was
$8500 for his quote.  I didn't hear if they'd do part of the work only,
or not, or give a breakdown, but in the RL02 case I suspect I'd have to
have it all done for a huge price.

Probably the same with the 11/35.

I did get one of three 11/84's that sold recently and it was shipped in
a box, but the weight may be lower on that system box than the 11/35 is.

I may let him simmer and maybe sell it and make an offer near the end
if  it just sits there.  The 11/04 is still sitting as well at the price
they want for it several months on, and it isn't anywhere near as high,
so these listings do sit around.
thanks
jim