Blown Tantalum Capacitor Advice

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 9 13:31:59 CDT 2016

Thanks Andrea. I have done this with other RD53s, but not gone as far as loosening the screws. Unfortunately I have failed so far with this particular disk and will try again another day. I suspect though that in this case the goo has spread more widely in the mechanism and gummed it up elsewhere, making the whole thing a bit sticky. I'd like to find a way to clean it more thoroughly.

Regards

Rob