To infinity and beyond: Re: uVAX system (mostly) that Ian King was interested in

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Oct 4 20:32:38 CDT 2016

On 10/04/2016 05:19 PM, Ken Seefried wrote:
> From: "Ian S. King" <isking at uw.edu>
>> Sorry for the delay in responding, Jon - I'm launching a spaceship this
>> week.  :-)
> May I once in my life be able to say this and not be engaged in metaphor. :-)
>
> pssst...If Blue Origin is looking for a CSO/CISO, I'm in.
>
> KJ

Well, I worked for NASA in 1972-73, and ran TV cameras from
in the blockhouse when we launched MTS-D, a satellite that
collected micrometeoroid data for a year or so.  (It had big
styrofoam "wings" with aluminum foil on them, the
micrometeoroids punched through the two sheets leaving a
plasma  that momentarily shorted them out.) The guys who
were supposed to close the blast door broke the handle off,
so they couldn't get the door fully closed, and we got to
really HEAR the rocket take off.

So, I did actually get to participate in launching a rocket.
Everything there was insanely cool!

Jon