Thinking about acquiring PDP stuff

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Nov 30 11:07:57 CST 2016

    > From: Brad H

    > So I wondered what PDP guys did to keep interested and how much they
    > actually used the machine over the course of, say, a year.

Well, I have to get all mine running first... ;-) Seriously, though, I'm
looking at several years of work to get them all running. (And there are also
various peripherals to do, like tape drives, etc.)

And then there's the project Dave B and I have to creat new blinkenlitz
panels (not to mention SD-card based mass storage to replace those cranky old
disk drives for every-day running, the original purpose before the
blinkenkraze hit us :-) for the PDP-11's...

Seriously, though, like all hobbies, it's primarily to amuse me, not to
create anything useful. And it's _very_ successful at that.

	Noel