Thinking about acquiring PDP stuff

Brad H vintagecomputer at bettercomputing.net
Wed Nov 30 02:03:22 CST 2016

Sent from my Samsung device

-------- Original message --------
From: "Ian S. King" <isking at uw.edu>
Date: 2016-11-29  7:19 PM  (GMT-08:00)
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Subject: Re: Thinking about acquiring PDP stuff

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 5:17 PM, Brad H <vintagecomputer at bettercomputing.net
> wrote:

> That sounds interesting.  I imagine they'd be worth even more than an 8/E?
>

> Keep in mind that the 8/I is a fairly substantial investment in space and
weight.  Also, if you want to add something, it's not as easy as plugging a
card into a backplane.  The 8/I requires wirewrap work.

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

>There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon >could go to China."

I'm curious.. what do people do with these things?  I've seen videos of some in large racks being used to play music, etc.  The rack ones seem like a a pretty substantial investment in space for something that doesnt (or does it?) have much practical use today.