Rogue: Mctesq was here

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Sun Nov 20 13:20:47 CST 2016

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016, Antonio Carlini wrote:

> There is a rogue that runs on VAX/VMS as I definitely played it a little back
> in the day.
>
> I don't think I had the sources, just a .EXE, so that may not work so well
> for Alpha.

It is probably possible to translate the VAX executable to an Alpha executable
using VEST.  The DECMIGRATE license included in the VMS hobbyist license
allows VEST to run.

Back in the day, it was sometimes easier to do this than to fix VAX MACRO
source that had too many VAXish assumptions to compile it on Alpha.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.