Some scrapper in NC has an old machine Labled TRIAD he is scrapping

James B DiGriz jbdigriz at dragonsweb.org
Sun Nov 20 08:46:31 CST 2016

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 21:12:17 -0800
Josh Dersch <derschjo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like a rebadged Interdata 7/32 (or similar) to me.  Someone
> should try to rescue that; they're very rare...
>

> - Josh
>

> On 11/19/16 8:35 PM, TeoZ wrote:
> > http://www.scrapmetalforum.com/general-electronics-recycling/30872-old-computer-peripherals-main-frame-etc-should-i.html
> >

> > ---

Triad was an auto parts vertical market system vendor back in the
'80s (maybe earlier, not sure).

I looked at one of these systems back in the mid-80s with a Triad rep
and the owners of a auto parts warehouse/jobber chain I worked for, who
were considering purchasing one. I was told the hardware was based on
TI 990 gear. At least that one, anyway. I wasn't able to inspect the
boards, however. The terminals are an interesting design, for sure,
but I dunno if they're TI.

The boss eventually went with a Xenix system (Altos 3086) running
another vendor's software package. The Triad certainly was an
interesting beast, though.

The system I saw was in Beaufort, SC. The scrapper's is in Florence.
It's conceivable they are one and the same. Jobber had a store in
Florence, IIRC.

jbdigriz