Interested in UNIVAC 9000 Series (and IBM 360)

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Nov 19 13:00:44 CST 2016

    > From: William Degnan

    > for all that I have read about the actual use of the /20 that was not
    > what it was for. IBM used the /20's as a smart terminal and that kind
    > of thing. The thing in between the mainframe and something else
    > operating in a remote location, and so on.

When I was working at IBM Bermuda (as sort of an intern), they used a 360/20
as their main service bureau machine. (I'm pretty sure it was a /20, and not a
/30.) It had a card reader/punch, 4 (IIRC) tape drives, and a 1403 printer.

They had just gotten in a System/3, to replace it, but only one client had
transitioned to using it.

	Noel