A computer collection in NL

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Thu Nov 17 00:28:17 CST 2016

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 10:38 AM, Henk Gooijen <henk.gooijen at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I realize that I have not done much (any) "advertisement" ...
>
> I have my collection in a "room" of some 2250 sq. feet (200 m2).
> Almost all PDP-11 models (UNIBUS and QBUS), a few VAX4000's, VLC4000,
> and a VAX-11/750.  Also several DEC peripherals, disk, tape, printer,
> and terminals. Furthere, there is a DG NOVA3, NOVA4 and an HP 21MX.
> All you see on www.pdp-11.nl can be seen in "real", and there is
> probably a bit more ...
> I am *not* saying that everything is working, au contraire! After many
> years of collecting I am now trying to get everything working.  A very
> slow process I've learned!
>
> If you are visiting The Netherlands you are welcome to my "Home of
> Famous Iron".  I live in the southern part, near Philips headquarters
> city Eindhoven.
> All I ask, if possible, is that I get a business card from you ;-)
>
> greetz,
> - Henk

Hi Henk,

Well, I'm in The Netherlands, but not 'in the southern part' - rather, I'm
in Leiden at an academic workshop.  Oh well, closer....  I'll see your
collection someday!  Cheers -- Ian

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."