Paper tape carriers and paper tape

jim stephens jwsmail at
Fri Nov 11 17:01:23 CST 2016

The machine that is used where I'm referring to cuts from a roll about 2 
cards wide.  The system also has to be able to merge up to four sheets 
together per form as the real product is for the full size credit card 
forms that one uses with either NCR paper, or with carbon.  They can 
handle both.

they print with offset plates onto the stock, and not with the types of 
cylinders I've seen.  The Holerith card stock was made by taking an 
actual card, and measuring it and making a die to cut to that size, and 
scanning the image on the card.  not a big difference from the cards 
that are used in full sized credit card machines.

The machine is about 15' or more long, 2' wide and probably 10' high.  
Multiple stock roll holders can be positioned depending on the number of 
forms being laminated for the run, so the setup can get pretty large.

I don't know how many lines they had, but there were several of the 
machines.  Not sure I've got any photos, any I have were when I had a 
film camera, quite some time ago if I have any.


On 11/11/2016 2:46 PM, Al Kossow wrote:
> CHM has one, and a collection of printing cylinders
> On 11/11/16 2:03 PM, Ian S. King wrote:
>> Somewhere I have a photo of the machine that IBM used to make punch cards.
>> It's in a small museum in Endicott, NY.  It did indeed take a roll of paper
>> made to IBM specs and produce the flat punch cards many of us know and some
>> subset of those, love.  It hadn't been run in years when I saw it.

More information about the cctech mailing list