Epson MX-80 Technical Manual?

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 23:36:15 CST 2016

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 5:31 AM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

> Was a Dataproducts interface ever offered for the MX-80? Back in the
> day, it was almost as popular as Centronics on mid-sized systems.

Was that the one that was fairly similar to Centronics but with some
signals inverted?

I have never heard of an Epson interface board for it, but it would not
surprise me if one existed. Wouldn't have to come from Epson, the
interface connector was documented so third parties could make their
own interfaces.

Incidentally. some of the RS232 interfaces for these printers did 20mA
current loop as well.

> Now, of course, few people remember it.

Now, few people remember Centronics :-)

-tony