Epson MX-80 Technical Manual?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Nov 9 23:28:38 CST 2016

On 11/09/2016 08:59 PM, Eric Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 9:41 PM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The MX-80 (and FX-80) were among the least expensive of widely
>> available dot-matrix printers that could also do graphics.  Hence
>> the wide appeal.
>>

> Though it actually was extremely popular *before* they offered
> graphics for it.  The original firmware supported text only.

Sure, but then there was little use of dot-matrix graphics, which were
pretty coarse.

At the time, I think I was using a Mannesmann Tally printer that, oddly
enough (recall this was the time of the 5150) used an 8088 as its
controller.

Similarly, the Diablo 630 was often the default daisy-wheel printer,
even though it was far from the cheapest--but they were *everywhere* in
the business world.

--Chuck