Sage II

emanuel stiebler emu at e-bbes.com
Mon Nov 7 08:22:37 CST 2016

On 2016-11-05 14:25, tony duell wrote:

>> I have one question:
>>
>> How does it check, how much RAM is in it?
>> Boot shows 128K, but the board has 512K
>
> Incidentally there is a .zip file on Bitsavers called SageSources. Unpack it,
> and in Sources1 look at PROM2.TXT. That is part of the 68000 source
> for the boot ROM and contains the RAM test.

Thanks!
It looks like you are right, playing a little with the RAM banks,
finally got me errors, so at least one chip is dead.
Will take few days, until my replacements arrive, but now I
have 384k of RAM ;-)

Still crashes, but we will see. The original sockets on the board are
cheap, sometimes it feels that the chips are barely hanging in there :(

Cheers!