Star install disks

Jerry Wright g-wright at att.net
Tue May 31 15:38:06 CDT 2016

Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 12:18:37 -0700
From: "r.stricklin" <bear at typewritten.org>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic Posts" <cctech at classiccmp.org>
Subject: Re: Xerox Star install floppies

On May 29, 2016, at 9:15 PM, David Griffith wrote:

> This person then stated that Al Kossow might or might not have a full set.  In any case, it's not on Bitsavers.  Al expressed interest in a set that I offered a couple months ago, but he never followed up on that.  So, would someone please confirm the existance of a full set of install floppy images for the Xerox 8010 Star somewhere?

I've been buying those lots on eBay as I've seen them come by. I sent Al copies of them last week, or possibly the week before (the days run together). I'm not sure whether they constitute a full set of anything, either, but I assume Al will let me know.

> ViewPoint 1.1 (file check)

Of the four you listed, this one I don't have.

ok

Don Maslin had most of them.  I sent copies of mine to him and he sent
copies of his to me. of coarse that a few years ago.

Jerry