TI Professional Computer (TIPC) Service Manual?

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Mon May 30 20:39:14 CDT 2016

On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 10:42:29PM +0200, Martin Peters wrote:
> I wanted to reactivate a TI Professional Computer (TIPC) and all I get
> some seconds after powering it on is the message
>
> "** system error ** 0004"
>
> and a beep, lasting for about 2 seconds.
>
> The TIPC is an early, not really compatible clone of the IBM PC 5150. I
> wonder if I need to do some reengineering and/or disassembling or if
> there is a service manual out there.

I didn't find them in the technical reference but did find a list in the
bios listing. If I read that correctly its interrupt or timers failed.
Should be LED ON OFF OFF.

I had one as part of my vintage computer exhibit.
http://www.pdp8online.com/shows/vcfe16/vcfe16.shtml

I had started to put some stuff online. So far I have the disks that we got
from the local TI usergroup.
http://www.pdp8online.com/ftp/software/TI_PC/