Front panel switches - what did they do?

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Tue May 24 15:26:43 CDT 2016

We bought a Multiwire job on our clone of the Microdata 1600 and the
tech it used, I think, was welded wires laid in muck that was soft.

They would fab up a firm carrier board with all the thru-holes set, then
put down a soft pliable layer of epoxy(??).  They would weld one of the
wires to an appropriate thru-hole then the wire would be pushed into the
media and routed to the terminus.  Similar to wirewrap process from the
routing requirements (keep number of connections to any post / thruhole
adhering to design rules).  But when it was complete, you could see all
the wires thru the goo they used after it hardened or was set up.

The set we had worked well, but was about 3500 bucks for an
approximately 8 x 10 board with a 130pin edge card connector.  Kinda
pricy.  However, if you had a working design, it was overnight
turnaround with a PC.

thanks
Jim