Commodore C2N datasette belts (was Re: Classics long overdue a Boot.)

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon May 23 12:51:33 CDT 2016

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 1:32 PM, drlegendre . <drlegendre at gmail.com> wrote:
> @Ethan
>
> Huh, well that's no good. If you give the exact dimensions of the original
> belt, I'll call Tim up and see what he can get.

Square belt.  1.2mm cross-section.  80mm dia / 251mm length.

> I've known him for almost 30 years and would be happy to order a batch of
> them at wholesale. They could go to club members and the rest to eBay..?

Wholesale might work.  I need 3-4 just to get my own drives working
(one in a chicklet-keyboard PET, at least 2-3 external C2N drives -
two black PET-era, one (at least) white VIC-20/C-64 era).

Wherever they come from US or UK, $10-$12 including shipping per belt
is just not gonna happen.  I don't need to use tapes on a daily basis,
and if I didn't have some old Rabbit-format tapes, I probably wouldn't
be doing anything with real tapes other than demonstrate to people how
they worked (and why we were so happy to switch to floppies).

The old belts aren't melted or snapped (they are 30-35 years old) but
they are longer than they used to be and they just spin on the motor
pulley.

-ethan