LK401 Keyboard

Jerome H. Fine jhfinedp3k at compsys.to
Tue May 17 07:02:54 CDT 2016

 >Aaron Jackson wrote:

>Hi Dave,
>
>Yes it was Harrison Lighting. I'm hoping there will be a spare
>compatible keyboard lying around in my department. I don't think £50 was
>a bad price for a VT420, but it would have been much better if it
>included the keyboard.
>

>>Dave Wade writes:
>
>>If it's Harrison Lights he has keyboards priced so he gets what he thinks a
>>VT420 is worth... :-(
>>On 17 May 2016 10:28, "Aaron Jackson" <aaron at aaronsplace.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>Bought a VT420 off eBay last night which should be arriving sometime
>>>this week. Unfortunately it doesn't come with a keyboard. Is there
>>>anyone near Nottingham (UK) willing to sell an DEC LK401 keyboard for a
>>>fair price?

If I remember correctly, the LK201 from a VT220 or a VT320 will also
work correctly on a VT420.  Can anyone else confirm this?

That make help you to locate a keyboard that can be used with a VT420.

For example, the keyboard for a VT100 is completely incompatible with
both the VT220 and VT420.

Jerome Fine