COSMAC ELF switch panel v2

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Sat May 14 02:02:37 CDT 2016

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:26 PM, Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:
> That is probably a great start.  The art from the Popular Science
> article should be a good guide.

I can't find a decent scan of the cover of that issue.

> Here's a decent photo of a repro...
> http://www.cosmacelf.com/_Media/elf3_big_med_hr.jpeg

That's Bill Buzbee's ELF. He did a nice job.

I've studied it a bit more.  The "R" in Helvetica isn't a good match,
and I don't like it.  Adelle Sans Bold and District Std. Demi look
like better matches, but I don't want to spend that much money. I
think I'll go with Liberation Sans Bold and/or Liberation Sans Narrow
Bold. They look close enough, other than having a horizontal base bar
for the "1", and I think I can live with that.