Replacement for a Corcom F2987A EMI Filter

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Fri May 13 11:10:15 CDT 2016

I have found an original filter on ebay in the US, shipping it here would cost about the same as buying a modern replacement.

So I have a choice:

1. Fit a modern replacement, which won't fit exactly and won't look right, but will surely last a while.
2. Fit a working original, which will fit and will look right, but may fail on me.

What is the longevity of these filters like in general? I am not asking about this specific make/model, although I have two failed ones (and two that are still good).

Thanks

Rob