3D Printing cases and SGI "skins"

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed May 11 16:21:46 CDT 2016

On Wed, 11 May 2016, Swift Griggs wrote:

> Has anyone used a 3D printer to make a case for their old machine ? I've
> started drafting an SGI Indy "skin" in Sketch, but it's just a box right
> now, nothing cool. I've noticed and been somewhat inspired by these:

Do NOT use SketchUp to create parts for 3D printing.  You'll end up with
an STL that's all screwed up.  A good, free tool for this kind of thing
would be DesignSpark Mechanical.  It has a workflow similar to SketchUp.

There's other free-to-use packages out there but I'm not familiar with
them.

> A C64 custom job:
> https://3dprint.com/39764/3d-print-commodore-case/

That's not a C-64.  It's an emulated C-64 with a PC keyboard. :)

g.  <--- writes manuals for 3D printers

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007