VT101 screen adjustment

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Mon May 9 15:28:10 CDT 2016

On 09/05/2016 15:03, "Swift Griggs" <swiftgriggs at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 May 2016, Adrian Graham wrote:
>> Anyhoo, the VT101's screen is showing the
>> stretch-at-top-compress-at-bottom issue, is that adjustable using the
>> troubleshooting guide in the technical reference or am I looking at
>> replacing some caps?
>
> It sounds like a problem with what they call "deflection". I don't know
> about VT101's specifically, but there are usually a set of pots on the CRT
> logic board (the PCB mounted on the rear of the tube) you can adjust for
> such things. Check out this section of the Monitor Repair FAQ:
>
> http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/monfaq.htm#mondefl
>
> Depending on the type of distortion you are seeing, you'll need to adjust
> the pots to compensate.

Thanks for that, I now know it's vertical deflection which is adjusted by
A102 on the monitor board so I'm just about to give it a tweak once I find
my plastic trimmers and a screwdriver small enough to get the top off, it's
the only VT1xx I have with all fasteners intact.

Also that repairfaq lost me an hour at lunchtime while I read it, why did I
not know about it before!

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator