Memodyne M80 Digital Cassette Recorder

Brad H bradhodge75 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 10:56:13 CDT 2016

Hi there,

I have a Memodyne M-80 Digital Cassette 'Computer' which, in talking to
people more experienced than me, seems to be just a digital cassette
recorder.  Googling around there seems to be very little info out there,
although one paper written about their use with scientific equipment
detailed some of the bits triggered to make the recorder operate.  Mine has
several cards including a Z80 CPU card and serial input/output.

I was wondering if anyone out there was familiar with these and/or had a
manual? I read these were even used sometimes with SWTPC
terminals/computers, so I'd be interested to see if I can get it running.

Thanks!!

Brad