PDP-11/05 microcode dump?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri May 6 08:26:41 CDT 2016

    > From: Mattis Lind

    > Has anyone dumped the microcode of the PDP-11/05?
    > When tracing the microprogram flow it looks very suspicious. Comparing
    > the same sequence with a better working pair reveal a few differences.
    > All these can be narrowed down to one single PROM chip.

Josh had an 11/05 that had a uROM fail, and he had to blow a new one (IIRC he
sent in a report, it's in the list archive). I'm not sure if it's the same one
as the one you need, but if his post doesn't give the chip ID, no doubt he can
let us know.

    > There are microcode listings in the manual but they need to be treated
    > to get into a dump.

Which is exactly what Josh did.

Speaking of which, is there any chance we can get those machine-readable
listings online? I can host them with my other DEC material, and I can also
put them in the Computer History wiki.

	Noel