AW: When did Memory- and IO Protection Emerge (Esp. in Minis)?

ANDY HOLT andy.holt at tesco.net
Wed May 4 22:24:00 CDT 2016

Could someone with access to the OED please check up the first use of the term "minicomputer"
I strongly suspect it was around the time that the PDP11/20 came out or slightly later.
The IBM 1130 and 1800 were comparable to the /original/ CDC 1700, were similarly launched in the mid 60s,
but similarly they were not /at that time/ referred to as minis.

In retrospect we might well call these minicomputers but that is not the question as stated.