AlphaStation 200 NVRAM Problem

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Mon May 2 11:47:33 CDT 2016

> I suppose I should find or construct a diagnostic port adapter. I suppose
I am
> slightly put off by the effort needed to make one as I don't have the
> components needed to hand. I may just have to bite this bullet.

I decided to attempt the construction of an adapter. But it is the
connectors which always bite me because I don't know what all the types of
connector are. I naively assumed that an IDC 10-way (2x5) would do the
trick, but it is too wide to go into the male connector on the board.

What kinds of connectors exist for ribbon cables that can be used to go into
a 2x5 connector, but which don't have  a lot of space at the sides?

I have posted a picture of the connector here: http://bit.ly/1SV6QBX. It is
the black 2x5 connector in the middle marked J7.

Regards

Rob