AT&T Uverse IPv6 vs. Mac OS X 10.(old)

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Mar 28 09:32:52 CDT 2016

    > From: Jerry Weiss

    > Disabling IPV6 was the cure.

I was _extremely_ amused to hear that.

(Backstory: I'm a long-time detractor of IPv6 - I've always thought it's a
rolling ball of digestive byproduct, to be blunt. In fact, if I had still
been on the IESG when it came around, I'd have canned it. Unfortunately, I'd
resigned a while before [for unrelated reasons], something that in hindsight
I've greatly regretted, since it removed my ability to can IPv6. So to hear
that IPv6 is _still_, all these years later, not that crucial to useful
functionality, is very satisfactory to me - it says my assessment was right
on the nose. Long may IPv6 fail to be successful! The single biggest/most
expensive IT failure of all time?)

	Noel