Code listings for the I4004 or I4040

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Fri Mar 18 04:40:59 CDT 2016

On 2016-Mar-17, at 10:11 PM, dwight wrote:
> Also, I've found a source for 5.185MHz crystals.
> ACE Components has some. They are in San Jose, on Oakland Rd.
> Dwight

I have two items which use 4004 procs, one is a Prolog M900B E/PROM programmer ca. 1979.
The manual includes the firmware source. (Somewhat bizarrely, it's typed/printed onto coding forms.)
Here are the first two pages (photos, not scanned).
	http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~hilpert/tmp/m900pgm1m.jpg
	http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~hilpert/tmp/m900pgm2m.jpg

I've had to do some reverse engineering and work on the hardware (can provide schematic) but haven't sat down to examine the firmware.
There are 12 more pages if it's of interest. It's not quite a complete program though, the plugin modules have chip-specific subroutines in more onboard 1702s, and those aren't included in the source provided.
I do have ROM dumps for two of the modules that could be disassembled.

I had a failed 4201 chip (clock gen), it would be nice to come across a replacement, but solved the problem with a substitute made from 3 CMOS chips.