tops20 assembly tutorials

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Fri Mar 11 19:04:11 CST 2016

From: David Griffith
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2016 3:48 PM

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016, Rich Alderson wrote:

>> Exactly *where* are you trying to run this program?  On a kn10-kl (the
>> extended KL-10 CPU defined by klh10), on a SimH KS-10, or on a real CPU
>> (KL, KS, or Toad)?

> It's a kn10-kl.  I'm using the Panda distribution as downloaded from
> http://panda.trailing-edge.com/.

It's been so long since I ran that that I had to reload it on my Linux
box.  (I've been using klh10 for Tops-10 development for years now.)

I booted MRC's Panda disk image, cut&pasted the program into a file on
the disk (COPY TTY: HACK.MAC<ret> <paste> ^Z) then DEBUG HACK and stepped
through past the first LITES%.  There was no complaint about the CIRC.

Capture a complete log and mail it to me.  I'll see if I can see what's
stepping on you.

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/