SimH & Panels: new BlinkenBone release

Jörg Hoppe j_hoppe at t-online.de
Fri Mar 11 02:29:58 CST 2016

Hi,

the BlinkenBone project made much progress last months.
("BlinkenBone" is this "connect physical and simulated panels to SimH"
thing).

New features:

- a PDP-8/I front panel Java simulation.
http://retrocmp.com/projects/blinkenbone/simulated-panels/248-blinkenbone-simulated-pdp8i-panel
http://retrocmp.com/projects/blinkenbone/simulated-panels/251-blinkenbone-playing-with-the-pdp8i
   The PDP-8/I SimH extension needs validation against a physical machine.

- Oscar Vermeulen's PiDP8 can be connected as panel.
http://retrocmp.com/projects/blinkenbone/blinkenbone-physical-panels/249-pidp8-as-blinkenbone-panel

- most Java panels can now be 2400 pixels width (monitors keep growing)

- Repackaging:
   Precompiled distributions at
https://github.com/j-hoppe/BlinkenBone/releases
   There are distributions for Win32, Ubuntu 32/64, and RaspberryPi
Raspbian.
   A single distribution contains now all simulations (PDP-11/40, 11/70,
PDP-10 KI10 and PDP-8/I).

- Ported from SimH 3.8 to v4.x. I'm back!

- Sources on GitHub at https://github.com/j-hoppe/BlinkenBone.git

Since the BlinkenBone projects expands beyond expectation, the web doc
is completely reordered (== trashed?)
Not all content is stable yet and links will float, rely on
http://retrocmp.com/projects/blinkenbone at the moment.
There's also the shortcut www.blinkenbone.com .

As always, error feedback is welcome!

have fun,