Options for resurrecting VAX 4000/400 and Vaxstation 3200

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 9 13:29:56 CST 2016

You could run the 3200 by netbooting it from a SIMH instance of VMS. If the RD54 was formatted (and working!) then you could transfer VMS onto the disk from the boot node. To format the RD54 you would need to find a 2000 though, or at least borrow one. You should tell the list where you live as there might be someone close by who could help out. It might be though that the RD54 is formatted, worth trying once you netboot.

As for the KA675, I don't know really, I suspect you would be into surface mount work, but with two boards you might be able to swap bits around to get a working board. Perhaps if you got a KFQSA or a KZQSA you could get this to work?

Regards

Rob